Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Making Baby Food



I have been making baby food for the twins for the past several weeks and thought I would share the two books I bought on the topic if you are interested. It has been super easy so far. Now, they aren't eating a lot quite yet, but it has been pretty simple to make large quantities of a few different items and freeze them. The consistency is definitely different than jarred baby food. My apples and peas did not go over well with the babies, but I'm going to try them again. I did test some jarred food with them because I wanted to see the consistency and I think we are going to use jarred food when we go on vacation next month. I used Earth's Best baby food. I really like this brand. Our rice cereal and oatmeal is also Earth's Best. Apparently Eath's Best peas are WAY better than mom's peas!

1 comment:

  1. I decided to get the Beaba baby food maker and overall have been pleased with it. However, I have also found that the consistency is thicker than the jarred food. We have also been using Earth's Best since it is organic. I decided I would stock up when it is on sale as well as make some of my own. So I was so excited when I made my first few batches only to find that Jack seems to prefer the EB even though I have been making some of the exact same veggie and fruit blends. What? Are you kidding me? After my hard work? Okay, it was actually easy, but still. Are they secretly putting sugar in the jarred food?

    ReplyDelete