Friday, January 22, 2010

Working on My Fitness

Thought I would provide and update on my effort to shed a some (read many) lbs. The pounds aren't flying off like they did in my head when I envisioned my workout effort. And, I've had a couple set-backs, but overall it feels really good to get back to working out. One big set-back was the fact that I stopped breastfeeding. As soon as I started cutting out feedings I turned into a fat magnet. FAT MAGNET. I'm also still struggling with my appetite. For the second half of my pregnancy and while I was breastfeeding, I had a pretty healthy appetite. Well, pregnancy - over, breastfeeding - over, appetite - not following the pattern. I've realized that snacking is my biggest problem. Is there some magic pill I can take that will make my milk come back in? I want to breastfeed two babies again and burn a million calories a day!!

I tried Zumba at the gym. I feel like I'm supposed to say that I loved this class, but I hated it. Now, I have always loved to dance and thought this class would come naturally to me, but it didn't. I felt very awkward and I just kept watching the instructor thinking that it does not matter how hard I try, my ass will never move like that, at that speed and look sexy all at the same time. It just did not feel like a good workout at all. Maybe I'll save all the classes for after I loose the weight. Right now I need bootcamp. I need some scary person yelling at me like they do on the biggest loser. The cute Zumba instructor wasn't cutting it.

Oh, also, My dear old Aunt Flow came for a visit. It's been quite a while since she was in town. So long, that I forgot what a nasty old woman she is and how unpleasant it is when she stays with us for the week. Someone should really tell her to stop being such a bitch!

I did have one victory the other day. I reluctantly pulled out the plastic bin housing all my old jeans. The voice inside my head kept saying, "don't do this. it's too soon. this is a bad idea." BUT, I got my butt into a pair of my old jeans! Now, in the interest of full disclosure, while I did get them on, I had some SERIOUS muffin top going on. It was actually more like a really big souffle! Baggy shirts are in, right? I'll just wear those for a while until the souffle looses some more air.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you, Sarah! Everyone tells you how an added benefit of breast feeding is that you shed the pounds. Well, I did find that to be true, but no one told me how the day you stop breast feeding the lbs. can creep back up. Then after some holiday baking on my part, reality hits me when I look in the mirror. UGH!

    ReplyDelete