Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fun Site - Good Baby Name Finder


My husband and I are in the process of picking names and it's proving to be a difficult task. I've looked online at alot of baby name search engines and I like the one on The Cradle's site the best. The Cradle site itself is pretty nice too. It's kind of like Babycenter or The Bump.

But, the name finder is great. It let's you search by categories such as:

Clunky but cool names
Names all your friends will think are cool
Names kids consider cool
Three syllable standouts
Names dads like more than moms

They also have the regular search by origin and browse a-z options. This site definitely makes the task more fun!

My friend Shannon also suggested Baby Name Wizard which has tools like the namefinder, nameipedia, namemapper and namevoyager. I'm searching on that one next.

1 comment:

  1. Namberry is a great site, too. They use the same sort of lists as The Cradle, but they also have a daily blog about names which is kind of fun. Can't wait to hear what you pick!!

    ReplyDelete